Wednesday, June 13, 2007

21 minutes.........


'And I never passed a cry for help,
though at times I shook with fear,
and sometimes, God, forgive me,
i've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place
among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
except to calm their fear.'

'There was silence all around the throne
where saints had often trod,
as the policeman waited quietly,
for the judgement of his God,
"Step forward now Policeman.
You've bourne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on heaven's streets,
you've done your time in hell.'

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and touching words !!! Hope you dont mind but I migrated over via your link on Bloggs site.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger PCFrankyFact said...

Thanks Joe.
Beautiful.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Joe90 said...

I didn't write this poem, the author is unknown, I came across it when I was seventeen years old, and it's been hanging on my bedroom wall ever since.

As soon as I heard the news about Police Constable John Henry, I thought of this poem and how it, for me, said all that needed to be said.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poem fits these circumstances so well. I have heard it before & it just seems to 'fit' with this. Thank you Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home