Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year..........



As tax payer's money goes up in smoke, British soldiers in war zones don't have the right equipment required to stay alive.



As this idiot,a member of the armed forces no less, uses a Royal Air Force helicopter to visit his girlfriend, and to attend a bachelor party, there isn't enough transport to evacuate wounded British soldiers on the battle field.

'A fool who knows his foolishness is wise at least to that extent, but a fool who thinks himself wise is a fool indeed.'

Dhammapada

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The helicopter he used was for training. You can't send everything to a warzone..

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Joe90 said...

Would any other pilot in the RAF be allowed to do what he did? I don't think that they would.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Hogdayafternoon said...

I once helped deliver a portable TV set to a wounded soldier in sick bay at RAF Wroughton. I was in a Lynx helo, his mates were my mates who were flying it, it was part of a training/exercise flight. Every take off and landing is a learning opportunity. I haven't seen these two particular Royals take the piss, in fact I think they are trying to stand up and be counted. If and when they do mess up, the media will be ready and waiting for the moment, so on the current info, I'm not upset. Had the helo been diverted from a much needed miltary task, then I'd expect the palace to get the bill. Nice photos on the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home