Thursday, November 30, 2006

James Bond.........



The image above made you think it would be brilliant, so much so that you got tickets for the day it came out.

It knocked you for six, the beginning was good:

‘Holster the bloody weapon Carter, I want him alive.’

The rest was very bad:

‘I have no armor left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours.’

That’s not James Bond.

Where was the car chase, the clever gadgets, the quick quips?

One of your favourite moments in the films was where as he was underwater in a speedboat and he straightened his tie, now THAT is James Bond.

In your opinion Daniel Craig did a satisfactory job, but Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery make him look like an amateur. Hopefully the next James Bond film, scheduled for 2008 will be a lot better, giving Craig the opportunity to actually play James Bond.

However, you have to compliment one of the Bond Girls, Solange, what a woman, what a dress, truly the highlight of the film:



A few of your favourite moments from the Bond series:

James Bond: Why did you marry him?
Paris Carver: He told me he loved me.
James Bond: Always sounds good.

(After throwing Davidov in a Skip)
Man: What happened to Davidov?
James Bond: He was buried with work.

James Bond: Discipline 007, discipline.

Woman: You're all wet.
James Bond: Yes, but my martini's still dry.

James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Auric Goldfinger: No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die.

Saving the best till last:

‘Bond, James Bond.’

He is truly the coolest man on the planet, no question.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I acutally think this is the best Bond film I have seen. Fewer cliches, more direct speech, less gimmicky gadgets and a much better alround film really made it for me. I really wanted to be Daniel Craig walking out of that film. Don't forget this film is meant to be the creation of Bond with the makings of the sterotypes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home