Sunday, March 04, 2007

Old fashioned, not sexist.



‘Yes, I would like my wife to raise the children while I go out to work.’
‘That’s sexist, you’re on of these men who want us all chained to the cooker.’
‘Sounds good to me.’ (Sarcastically)
‘You bastard, and you’re a copper.’
‘What’s that got to do with anything?’
‘You shouldn’t have the view that women are the weaker sex. It’s wrong.’
‘Where did I say that?’
‘You did, you said women should stay at home and look after the kids. You just said it!’
‘No I didn’t, I said I’d like it if my wife was to do that, but I’d respect her right to do what she wanted. If she wants to wear saucy lingerie when she goes to bed with me, I won’t complain. If she wants to wash the pots too, I won’t complain.’
‘That’s wrong, you’re gonna get a slap in a minute.’
‘Don’t tease me, and then dash my hopes. Car insurance is one area that is sexist in favour of women, and don’t say you don’t take advantage of the discounts, because I happen to know your car is insured with that ‘Sheila Wheels’ firm.’
‘That’s, well, you bugger, you can’t speak about women like that, and it’s sexist!’
‘Alright, what would you say if suddenly you saw a man walking through the streets in a dress, wearing make up and leather knee high boots, with tights?’
‘That’s just stupid, that’s what women wear, and he’d look like a twat.’
‘Sexist.’ (Sarcastically).

‘Sexual Offences Act 2003: Rape

A person commits an offence if HE intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with HIS penis.’

One of the girls who you know from University thinks she’s an authority on rape; she wants the courts system changed so that the burden of proof rests on the male that he has to prove he didn’t commit the alleged rape. You’ve had a few discussions with her on the subject; all have turned into arguments, she might be a feminist, but her beauty can sometimes distract you, phenomenally.

You have a scenario:

Gemma, Sarah and Louise take hold of James from behind, they force him on the bed, they take off his clothes, tie his hands and feet to the bed. James doesn’t wish to consent to the encounter, but an erection occurs. Gemma, Sarah and Louise take turns to have forcible and none consensual sex with James, during which he screams for help and pleads with them to stop.

According to Law in the United Kingdom this isn't rape. Should the law be changed?

Equality for women means equality in privilege and responsibility, nothing more, and nothing less.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky James..!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your post! There is nothing wrong (sexist) about being old fashioned (and/or conservative). IMHO not enough people are in this day and age. And, I would love to be in the position to stay home and be a housewife, looking after a home and my family if I find myself in the position to do so.

10:03 - James was not lucky; James was RAPED!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can i meet Gemma, Sarah and Louise?

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger PC PotShot said...

I see that this was originally posted on 4th March 2007 but I still decided to post just incase anyone was still reading.
I was just checking the legislation and found that James is covered in S.4 Causing sexual activity without consent.
The maximum sentence, however, is only 10 years. Equality, I see.
As an aside, S.2 implies that only a male can be guilty of this offence. As far as I understood, from training school, either a male or a female could be guilty. Glad to see the wording is still clear as mud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home