Friday, July 14, 2006

Political Correctness: The death of common sense?


A few things a Police officer cannot say:

1. ‘I’ll have black coffee.’
2. ‘Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.’
3. ‘The suspect is short.’

Next thing will be that a Police Officer cannot say that a person is Male or Female, because that would make them different and open to being treated differently.

You can just imagine this coming over the radio:

‘I’m in pursuit of a human being; I can’t give you a description because I might offend someone. This human being is wearing clothes and is running away.’

You were sat in a class room in divisional headquarters one evening, undertaking a lesson on diversity. The Officer giving the talk asked what the class would do if they stopped a driver for a traffic offence, this driver stated that you only stopped him because he was black. There were quite a few different answers from the class, here are a few:

1. ‘I’d talk to him and let him know why he had been stopped and that he was doing something wrong. I’d take as long as was needed to try and convince him that the Police are not racist and that I was only doing me job.’

2. ‘I’d try and explain that the Police are not racist and that I am not in anyway stopping him due to the colour of his skin. If he didn’t want to listen I would get a colleague to deal with it.’

3. ‘I’d give him the ticket and tell him that if he had a problem with paying it he should contact the number on the back. Then I’d get in my car and leave, whether he thinks I was racist or not doesn't matter, I don’t care to be honest.’

Guess who said number three?

You think political correctness is a waste of time; it can cause more problems than it is supposed to prevent. It overrides common sense, when that happens things will go wrong. It will come to the point where Police Officers cannot do there job for fear of being disciplined for it.

That woman in the photo above is beautiful, she is stunning and divine. Are you alright to say that? Is it non politically correct?

You don’t care; it’s the truth, to hell with political correctness.

6 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If YOU did number 3 in the scenario then didn't you give the offending motorist the chance to opt out of the FPN system, and choose to report him instead? FPNs cannot be forced upon members of the public you know!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Joe90 said...

If he/she was to admit it, then they would be given the FPn and sent on their way.

If they did not admit it the option would be given for him/her to go to court. The fine might be alot higher if they did though, hence why most people admit and accept the punishment there and then.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger ExtraSpecialCopper said...

I got what you meant mate!
I have had someone say to my (black) collegue once "your giving that to me cos im black"

"No mate, its because you went through a red light"

What did he expect, to be let off?

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger fjl said...

It's all alot of bunkum. Speak your mind and cause offence if you want, I say. I'm always doing it. If someone wants to 'put you right' then have a good arguement. On the way to the station, preferably, if he's anything like that berk I had to to get rid of last week! :-)

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speak your mind, tell it like it is. But don't be rude. Like you say common sense.

A comment that always makes ears prick up and has been banished is "I'm going out for a quick fag"....

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fjl 3;15 AM said:

"It's all alot of bunkum. Speak your mind and cause offence if you want, I say. I'm always doing it."

If you belong to a 'victim' group you can, but if you belong to an 'oppressor' group (i.e. if you are white, male and heterosexual) you are in serious danger of losing your ability to earn a living. I got a brilliant definition of 'victimhood' from http://www.flyingimam.com/ . Interestingly he was applying this to Israel, but I think it fits in with Cultural Marxism (PC) far better. See http://www.drzur.com/victimhood.html :

"In claiming the status of victim and by assigning all blame to others, a person can achieve moral superiority while simultaneously disowning any responsibility for one's behavior and its outcome. The victims 'merely' seek justice and fairness. If they become violent, it is only as a last resort, in self-defense. The victim stance is a powerful one. The victim is always morally right, neither responsible nor accountable, and forever entitled to sympathy."

and

"The victim's basic stance is that he or she:

1. Is not responsible for what happened.

2. Is always morally right.

3. Is not accountable.

4. Is forever entitled to sympathy.

5. Is justified in feeling moral indignation for being wronged."

And that is why real policemen like the Bow Street Runner ( http://bowstreetrunner.blogspot.com/ ) are leaving this sinking ship for other parts of the Anglosphere not under the jackboot of the EUSSR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home