Political Correctness: The death of common sense?
A few things a Police officer cannot say:
1. ‘I’ll have black coffee.’
2. ‘Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.’
3. ‘The suspect is short.’
Next thing will be that a Police Officer cannot say that a person is Male or Female, because that would make them different and open to being treated differently.
You can just imagine this coming over the radio:
‘I’m in pursuit of a human being; I can’t give you a description because I might offend someone. This human being is wearing clothes and is running away.’
You were sat in a class room in divisional headquarters one evening, undertaking a lesson on diversity. The Officer giving the talk asked what the class would do if they stopped a driver for a traffic offence, this driver stated that you only stopped him because he was black. There were quite a few different answers from the class, here are a few:
1. ‘I’d talk to him and let him know why he had been stopped and that he was doing something wrong. I’d take as long as was needed to try and convince him that the Police are not racist and that I was only doing me job.’
2. ‘I’d try and explain that the Police are not racist and that I am not in anyway stopping him due to the colour of his skin. If he didn’t want to listen I would get a colleague to deal with it.’
3. ‘I’d give him the ticket and tell him that if he had a problem with paying it he should contact the number on the back. Then I’d get in my car and leave, whether he thinks I was racist or not doesn't matter, I don’t care to be honest.’
Guess who said number three?
You think political correctness is a waste of time; it can cause more problems than it is supposed to prevent. It overrides common sense, when that happens things will go wrong. It will come to the point where Police Officers cannot do there job for fear of being disciplined for it.
That woman in the photo above is beautiful, she is stunning and divine. Are you alright to say that? Is it non politically correct?
You don’t care; it’s the truth, to hell with political correctness.